The Ranger Review

Want to Start Your Own Podcast? Let’s talk.

Mr. Greenleaf, Ranger Review Advisor

Ok, I admit it. Podcasting is a lot of fun even if it takes work.  I like technology and I like audio so podcasting is a good fit for me.  Would it be something you’d like to do?  The first step is to get over what your voice sounds like.  I know, you don’t think you sound like that.  It’s okay because everyone else thinks you do.

I thought about some podcasting topics students might take on.  These are just some ideas–you will likely think of your own.

• A podcast  doesn’t have to be non-fiction.  There are podcasts where people read short-stories or poems they have written or other people’s work.
  • A series of student podcast TED Talks.
  • A podcast that reports back what student government and student life are up to.
  • The week in Greely sports or some other team.
  • A student profile
  • The week or month  in news at Greely.
  • Recordings of student musical performance.  We have a lot of talented folks at GHS.  What does that talent sound like?
  • Interview students and staff about a question and then think deeply about their answers.  Ex.  Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
  • College essay podcast–students discuss and then read their college essay.

You see, the possibilities are endless and so isn’t how you produce the final product.  Of course, there is a learning curve, but once you do a few podcasts, the road should straighten out.

The Ranger Review has the equipment to do pretty cool sounding podcasts.  I’m happy to help set you up and find a place in the school for you to record during study hall, before school, or after school.  You just need to bring an idea, some imagination, and a desire to produce a quality podcast.  That’s it.

If you like the sound of what you’re hearing, let’s talk.

Mr. Greenleaf, Roo 253.