The Ranger Review

Greely Goof Presents: Fantastic Faculities

Abigail Cloutier
Seen above, Ms.Burroughs drafting what is now known as “Redbone”

We recently learned that Greely High School’s own Ms. Burroughs is the lyrical genius behind the works of Donald Glover, or as he is more commonly known in the music industry, Childish Gambino.

In a recent interview, Ms. Burroughs revealed that she and Glover went way back, saying “We’ve always been close friends, even before all of the fame and fortune.”  She added, “We used to brainstorm new and interesting song ideas, seeing just how experimental we could get. I was more involved in the songwriting process, and he was the one who performed.”

Ms. Burroughs has always been intrigued by the workings of poetry and rhyming, so songwriting came naturally to her. As they grew up, however, they began to pursue different career choices. “He began to expand into so many different careers,” she said.

Glover is a renowned comedian, writer, actor, director, and artist. It was only recently that Glover reached out to Ms. Burroughs asking to team up once again.

“When he reached out to me I was surprised, but glad.” The two joined to create “Awaken, My Love!” which grew to be RIAA: Platinum certified and sold over 100,000 copies.

About the Writer
Hayden Cieniawski, Ranger Review Contributor

Hayden Cieniawski is a junior who contributes to the Ranger Review through satirical writing. He believes that comedy is a universal language throughout...