The Ranger Review

Greely Drama to Perform Rendition of John Cariani’s Almost, Maine

Greely Drama’s production of John Cariani’s Almost, Maine will be performed four times over the next few days: once per night from November 15-17 at 8:00 p.m., and once more on November 18 at 2:00 p.m. on the stage in the Greely Auditorium.

Released in 2004 and first performed at the Portland Stage Company to critical acclaim, Almost, Maine has shattered box office records across the country, and in the 2014-15 school year eclipsed William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream as the most performed play in high schools across the U.S., and then again in 2017-18.

The play is a collection of nine independently told stories and features several leading actors telling various stories regarding love and loss.

Directed by Liz Rollins, tickets are $8 for students and seniors, and $10 for everyone else, and can be bought every day during lunch periods or from 4:00-7:00 p.m. on school days.

Cariani, though born in Brockton, Massachusetts, graduated from Presque Isle High School in 1987 and attended Amherst College. He recently attended a rehearsal by Greely drama students and gave feedback to the director and student performers.

This will be the last play shown in the Auditorium as the Greely Performing Arts Center will open in January 2019.

Story Design: Ella Normandeau